Mr. Mueller has been wondering (and I agree!) if the scratch paper might be an untapped resource for our students during testing. What can students do with the scratch paper that would help them on the Reading EOG?
· Block off small sections of text to “chunk” it and not feel overwhelmed.
· Cover up the answer choices and force themselves to produce an answer to the question BEFORE reading the choices. Then see which one matches best.
· Guide their reading line by line, or paragraph by paragraph.
· Divide or fold the paper into sections (one per passage) and write their purpose for reading, key words from the questions, or something else to refer to.
· What else??? (Go to the coaches’ blog and share your ideas.)